Rock Springs Campmeeting
200+ years of memories and still going strong...
The Arbor seats approximately 1000
In the early years pine torches were burned outside and candles, lanterns and lamps were used inside the Arbor for lighting. Electricity was introduced in the 1940's. Which means most of our relatives experienced this place without electricity.
History of Campmeeting as taken from
Bethel Methodist Church
"still under construction"
Early Arbor Construction
1830 Brush arbor built
1831 Part of brush arbor fell
down during campmeeting
1832 Arbor construction started
1833 Rear shed built on and entire
arbor covered with wood
1848 Wood shingles purchased for
1873 Arbor leaked badly. Contract
awarded low bidder to put some
new rafters in place and cover
with boards. Arbor continued to
1890 Old roof taken off, new timbers
put in place and covered with
steel roof. Platform built for